President Richard Levine called the meeting to order at
Treasurer Howard Denson introduced the guest speaker: Steven Kerry Brown, author of Private investigating: The Complete Idiot’s ‘guide. Mr. Brown is a former FBI Special Agent and currently a private investigator.
Mr. Brown’s presentation highlights:
1. True/False questionnaire describing private investigating scenarios/responses.
2. Emphasized value of attending writers’ conferences/visiting with publishers
3. Recommended Larsen’s How to Write a Book Proposal.
4. Discussed favorite PI books (Robert Crace/Parker)
5. Offered services to members at his website: stevenkbrown.com
Frank Green requested members to volunteer as drivers for visiting authors at the May “Much Ado About Books.”
Treasurer Howard Denson reported $140 in the Intelligent Eye account and approximately $2,500 in the account.
President Richard Levine made a motion that was then seconded to change NFW’s official address to Howard Denson’s home address.
Discussion was conducted about meeting places:
One manuscript, a children’s story, was critiqued.
President Richard Levine adjourned the meeting at .
Respectfully Submitted by Kathy Marsh, Secretary